Monday, January 17, 2011

Key Lime Pie

This past week, was a birthday baking extravaganza. Dustin helped me with the chocolate cake (see previous post) and Ryan assisted with the Key Lime Pie (both for Chelsea's birthday party). The help was much appreciated, and they both turned out wonderfully. I bought a new blue tart pan from Target. The bottom comes out for easy removal. It worked great! Here's how it turned out.



Of course, this is before I removed it from the pan. I just loved the color of the dish with the color of the dessert. Here is the recipe that I used. It's Ina Garten, again. I told you...I just love her recipes. My only tip on this recipe is to butter the pie pan. If you don't, your bottom crust will stick. It was a nightmare to get out. Lesson learned!


No comments:

Post a Comment