Thursday, January 13, 2011

Let Them Bake Cake!

I've always been obsessed with cooking, and Lord knows that I love to eat just as much. Ever since getting hitched, I've enjoyed spending free time in the Kitchen. Dustin got me some great kitchen gadgets for Christmas. I've been challenged to keep a record of what I make so here goes nothing.

First off, I got this beauty and I just LOVE it.



I also got this set of knives by Rachel Ray. I highly recommend them.
Well, it's been snowing in Tennessee all week which means teachers are out of school. So, I've spent most of my week cooking and baking. My project on Wednesday was to make Noah's Ark cookies. I got a Martha Stewart cookie cutter set as a Christmas gift from Dustin's aunt and uncle.



This is how they turned out...It was my first time to "flood cookies" with royal icing. It was tedious, but definitely fulfilling after seeing the final product. I'll definitely use this technique again. Unfortunately, they are not "two by two" because some of their mates got eaten, and some of my favorites were eaten pre-picture as well.

Here is the link for the recipe I used. Definitely worth doing it from scratch. It never would have worked with refrigerated dough. Not too shabby for a first go. I think I'll try again with another shape for Valentine's day.


No comments:

Post a Comment